Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Money vs. Fulfillment


Nowadays I am spending many hours, reading books and soul-searching.
One of the books I read was Your Money or Your Life by Joe Dominguez.

The book shows interesting relationship between money and fulfillment (I'll call it Happiness).
It says that most people are not happy, regardless of how much money they make.
On a scale of 1(unhappy) - 5(ecstatic), most people marked 2.5 to 2.8, not even 3!
I couldn't rank my current life to be 3 (content) either, even though I am happy most of the times. I couldn't say I felt content. I still have lots of things to do to prepare for the future.

The author also made me think about how many hours I have left in my life.
If I live 40 more years, I have 350,400 hours to go.
If I sleep 1/3 of the hours, I have 233,600 hours to go.
If I eat three times a day, wash twice a day, drive to somewhere an hour or two... I may have less than 120,000 hours to go.

So what am I supposed to do now... to be happier?
Before squandering any more hour (and dollar), I need to ask myself whether it enhances my happiness...
This way, I may be able to spend the rest of my hours and money more wisely...

1 comment:

  1. Greetings,

    My name is Bill Hawthorne, and I represent maacenter.org, a leading web resource for asbestos exposure and mesothelioma cancer information. Our organization is dedicated to increasing awareness of the terrible health consequences of asbestos exposure through the distribution of the best informational materials and public outreach efforts.

    I found your site through a search and decided to contact you because of its high environmental and green presence which is extremely important in our movement. Your viewers are extremely savvy and motivated. The promotion of how buildings should now be built using sustainable green products to avoid asbestos and mesothelioma as well as the awareness of past buildings and preventative steps in avoiding asbestos exposure are extremely important. My goal is to get a resource link on your site/blog or even to provide a guest posting to be placed.

    I look forward to hearing from you. Please feel free to check out our website. Thank you for your time and consideration.

    Bill Hawthorne
    bhawthorne@maacenter.org
    MAA Center is now on Twitter – follow us @maacenter

    ReplyDelete